Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Salon

This week I wrapped up the Numbers Challenge, for which I read the following books:


  1. 39 Steps by John Buchan  review

  2. 7 Deadly Sins by Aviad Kleinberg  review

  3. A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters  review

  4. At Swim-Two-Birds by Flann O'Brien  review

  5. And Then There Were None (also published as Ten Little Indians) by Agatha Christie  review



I am currently reading House of Cards, a book about Bear Stearns and the crash of 2008. I started it earlier this year but put it aside. It grabbed my attention again this month, so I picked up and started reading it again. It is an interesting read so far, but it is sometimes difficult to keep track of all the names because the author quotes and talks about so many people. I continue to read What Is Ancient Philosophy? by Pierre Hadot, albeit rather slowly. I also started The Time Paradox by Philip Zimbardo (of the Stanford Prison Study fame) and John Boyd. In addition, I will be starting a novel too, I just haven't decided which yet. I am getting a little burned out on serious fiction, so I am probably going to read some easy fantasy or sci-fi. That would leave me reading four books at one time. How many to you usually read at once?

No comments: