Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon Hour 10

I continued to read Night during hour 10. I am surprised that out of 10 hours I have only spent 6 hours reading. That's only 60% of the time. I was shooting for 75%. Hopefully I can bring the average up over the remainder of the readathon.


I also completed Erika's minichallenge:


What book or books do you return to read again and again and why?

I am not really one to reread entire books, although I often refer back to books that I have read. But there are a few that I have read more than once:



  • Buddhist Sutras especially the Sutra on the Full Awareness of Breath. I find the sutras can often help me on my path to "peace of brain."

  • The Mahabharata and the Ramayana. I have read more than one translation of each of these great Indian epics because I love epic poetry.

  • The Iliad and the Odyssey. See answer above.

  • Beowulf. See answer above.

  • Gilgamesh. See answer above.

  • Hamlet, Macbeth, Much Ado About Nothing. C'mon ... it's Shakespeare!



Update from hour 21: I just thought of another classic that I reread often: Dante's Inferno. It is one of my favorites. I can't believe I forgot it.


Running stats: 422 pages and 1 book completed in 6:00:40

No comments: