Tuesday, December 29, 2009

ABANDONED: Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin

I am an admitted liberal, but I try to be open minded and widely read. So, I tried to read conservative radio host Mark Levin's Liberty and Tyranny but I just could not stand it. I had hoped it would be a well reasoned defense of conservatism, but it struck me as simply a slipshod rant about those that disagree with Levin's conservative philosophy, people like me. For me, the last straw was when Levin was arguing about how government interference is the root of our financial problems. His example was the current housing problems that continue to be a drag on the economy. While making this argument he railed against the development of financial derivatives, blaming it on government intervention when this is clearly the work of the unfettered free market with which Levin is so enamored. Now, I happen to agree with many of his points on how the current economic crisis originated, but overall his ranting style and sloppy logic made this book unreadable.


0.00/5

No comments: