Monday, December 14, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Before this year, I would never have considered reading young-adult fiction. After all, I am entering my middle age and as an adult, I felt I should read adult fiction. Over the last year, however, my opinion has changed. It started with The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. After that I read a few other young-adult fiction books that were pretty good, but nothing really spectacular. All that changed when I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. What can I say other than Wow! The Hunger Games is a great read. A roller coaster that keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. If you have not read this novel, do so as soon as possible. If you have, you might want to try Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. It had a similar feel to this book, although I enjoyed The Hunger Games more than Battle Royale.


4.75/5

No comments: