Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dewey's Readathon April 2012

I am going to do Dewey's Readathon today. I have been going back and forth over whether to participate or not. A couple of weeks ago I committed to doing it and told my wife I would. However, she invited her sister's family to visit over for the weekend to attend a Scottish Games festival in our area.

I want to do the Readathon. But, I don't want to be antisocial with my in-laws. What to do?

Now, a mere half hour before the Readathon starts, I have decided to go ahead and do it. My wife knew that I was going to read all day and night this weekend. Besides, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law already know that I'm a tad antisocial and prone to doing odd things like trying to read for 24 hours.

So, I'm off to gather my pile of books and brew some more tea in preparation for immersing myself in the written word!

No comments: