Thursday, January 08, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Favorite Books of 2008

It’s a week or two later than you’d expect, and it may be almost a trite question, but … what were your favorite books from 2008?


I misread the question at first. I thought I was being asked to choose one favorite. One!?! Just One?!? Fortunately, I reread the question and, much to my relief, I can pick more than one favorite book from 2008. So, without further ado:


Fiction


  • The Sea by John Banville

  • Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

  • The Siege of Krishnapur by J. G. Farrell



Non-fiction

I didn't really read that much non-fiction in 2008. Certainly less that I did in previous years. I wonder if it might have something to do with discovering all these book challenges ...


  • Personality: What Makes You The Way You Are by Daniel Nettle



Read to My Six Year Old Son


  • UnLunDun by China Mieville

  • The Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum


No comments: