Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon Mid-Event Survey


Mid-Event Survey:



  1. What are you reading right now?

  2. How many books have you read so far?

  3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

  4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

  5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

  6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

  7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

  8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

  9. Are you getting tired yet?

  10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?



My Answers:



  1. Right now I am reading Koula by Menis Koumandareas

  2. I have completed two books of the five books I've read during the readathon.

  3. Black Dogs by Ian McEwan, for two reasons. (1) I enjoyed the previous McEwan book I read, Amsterdam. (2) It is a large print book which will be easier on my eyes.

  4. I skipped the NaNoWriMo kickoff for the Houston area and had to arrange for my wife to take over my usual household duties: dinner, shuttling our child around, etc.

  5. I've had quite a few interruptions. But I deal with them by understanding from the beginning that I'm not going to read for the entire 24 hours. This is supposed to be fun, not a joyless slog.

  6. I was surprised at the amount of joy I got from reading to my son. I read to him all the time, but it was really cool to read to him for that long.

  7. I think the readathon is very well organized and I wouldn't suggest changing a thing.

  8. I think next time as a reader I will perhaps try to find more large print books. Also, audiobooks might allow me to "read" while doing household chores.

  9. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm already tired and my eyes hurt. But if it was easy, everybody would do it.

  10. I don't have any tips right now, but I'll let you know about the large print book later.

No comments: