Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-Thon April 2009 -- Hour 1

For the first hour, I read from The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. I have enjoyed the book so far. It is quite funny. My only complaint is that there are quite a few Spanish expressions in the book that I cannot read. However, I did find The Annotated Oscar Wao where you can find translations. Others have complained about the allusions to sci-fi/fantasy culture, but as a geek, I have understood most of them.


This is my second Read-a-Thon. This time I decided to use a stopwatch to keep track of how much time I spend actually reading. My running total on time 0:46:43. In that time I have read 32 pages.

1 comment:

Literate Housewife said...

Joseph, thank you for your advice about the read-a-thon. I'm taking a little time off right now to support others and to do stuff around the house. Starting at 9:30 EST, I'm 100% read-a-thon dedicated.

I am really interested in what you think about this book. The fact that it has an annotated guide reminds me of Ulysses. I've added your blog to my Google Reader, too!