Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-Thon April 2009 -- Hour 12

Halfway there! This hour I continued to read Silver Canyon. I also had dinner which has given me a renewed vigor. Also, the storms have abated and I can look out on blue skies over Texas this evening.


The newest mini-challenge is the mid-event survey:


1. What are you reading right now?


Silver Canyon by Louis L'Amour


2. How many books have you read so far?


I have read from 4 books so far. Of those 4, I have completed 2.


3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?


I am most looking forward to story time this evening when I get to read The Graveyard Book to my son.


4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?


Yes. My wife and son have been pretty cooperative in allowing me time to do this. I am grateful to them for that because I have enjoyed myself so far.


5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?


I have really only had three classes of disruption. First, normal family stuff. I helped my wife cook dinner, I watched my son when my wife took a nap. The second was eating. I was able to read during some of those two disruptions, but just let the rest be a break. The third disruption was the stormy weather that plagued the Houston area for most of the day. I really don't like thunderstorms. They distracted me, but I just tried to keep on reading.


6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?


I don't remember as many people participating last time, so that surprised me.


7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?


Nope. I think the Read-a-Thon is great the way it is!


8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?


Nothing really. Maybe I would like a better chair to sit in, perhaps, but that's about it.


9. Are you getting tired yet?


I am getting tired, but fortunately I do not feel sleepy yet.


10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?


Nothing really. Although I would like to applaud the Cheerleaders. It lifts my spirits when I read their comments.


Running stats: 380pp in 7:40:35 | 4 books read from, 2 books completed.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Story time with your son sounds like a wonderful thing to look forward to! And I loved The Graveyard Book. :D