Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-Thon April 2009 -- Introduction Post

Three facts about me:



  1. I am a married to a wonderful woman and together we have a really great son.

  2. I am a freelance programmer/stay-at-home-dad.

  3. I am doing Script Frenzy this month too.


How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?


See my pre-read-a-thon post.


Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon?


I would, of course, like to stay up and read during the entire 24 hours. I think I can do that, I did last year. I also would like to finish The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Silver Canyon, and Red Harvest. But at my current pace, that isn't likely to happen. But most of all I want to have fun!


Where are you reading from today?


Right now, from my home office. But I will be reading from several different places in the house. As a matter of fact, in the next hour I plan to read while walking around a little bit.


If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?


I have done one other Read-a-Thon. But my advice comes more from running several marathons. Pace Yourself! This is going to be a long event. Don't come out of the gates at a sprint. You will pay for it later. Take breaks. Get up and walk around. Rest your eyes by looking at stuff in the distance every so often. But most of all, even though it may get grueling, have fun!

No comments: