Saturday, October 18, 2008

Readathon: Hour 12

I took a break to eat dinner with my family, so I managed only 15 pages this hour. I am still reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog. I considered changing books and reading something easier. But, I changed my mind and I think I will stick with this one until I finish it.

Now for the Mid-Event Meme:

  1. What are you reading right now? As indicated above The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

  2. How many books have you read so far? Including the one I am currently reading, 4.

  3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Finishing the one I am reading now. I have bookshelves full of books, so I really haven't picked what I am going to read next.

  4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I didn't make any special arrangements per se. My wife and I don't really make too many plans on the weekend. However, she has been real supportive. She took our six year old son to the gym and a little festival in the next town over during the majority of the day, which helped a great deal.

  5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Mostly my interruptions have been eating, my son, and my dog. As far as dealing with them, I eat, I help my son when he needs it, and I let the dog in and out when she needs out.

  6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How tiring it is to sit on your rear and read all day.

  7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really.

  8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I might pick easier books to read. I would definitely try to get more sleep the night before the event.

  9. Are you getting tired yet? I was definitely tired before I took a break to eat dinner. I feel a little refreshed right now, but I am pretty sure it won't last very long.

  10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Not really.

3 comments:

Icedream said...

Well bravo for sticking to it! I hope you are having fun. You're over halfway there now.
Icedream- your friendly cheerleader

Maree said...

Going great, keep it up!!!

Anonymous said...

You're over halfway there...good job!!