I visited some of the other readers and found that perhaps I should introduce myself, as per the "Introduction Meme":
- Where am I reading from? I am reading in Sugar Land, Texas. For those that don't know, Sugar Land is just outside Houston.
- Three facts about me:
- I retired when I was 35. (Which is to say that when we relocated for my wife to take a promotion at work, I stayed home to take care of our son.)
- To earn book money, I do freelance computer programming.
- I own way too many books -- probably more than I can read.
- How many books are in my TBR list? As per item 3 above, quite a number. However, I do have a pile of 10 or so books that are closer to the top of that list.
- Do you have any goals for the readathon? Just to have fun.
- Are you a veteran readathoner with advice for newbies? Nope. I am one of those newbies. But, I am a veteran marathoner and will probably apply that experience to the readathon. The most important thing I learned from marathoning is to pace yourself. You want to leave it all out on the course, but you definitely don't want to run out of steam at mile 15!