Saturday, October 18, 2008

Readathon: Hour 2

Distractions, distractions, distractions! I did well during hour 1, but not so well during hour 2. My six year old son woke up before my wife. So, between him, the dog, and other things, I didn't do as much reading as I wanted in hour 2. However, I did manage to read 36 pages and finish Predictably Irrational as promised. Hopefully, I can do better in hour 3 because my wife is now awake and has promised to take our son to the gym with her.

I visited some of the other readers and found that perhaps I should introduce myself, as per the "Introduction Meme":


  • Where am I reading from? I am reading in Sugar Land, Texas. For those that don't know, Sugar Land is just outside Houston.

  • Three facts about me:
    1. I retired when I was 35. (Which is to say that when we relocated for my wife to take a promotion at work, I stayed home to take care of our son.)
    2. To earn book money, I do freelance computer programming.
    3. I own way too many books -- probably more than I can read.

  • How many books are in my TBR list? As per item 3 above, quite a number. However, I do have a pile of 10 or so books that are closer to the top of that list.

  • Do you have any goals for the readathon? Just to have fun.

  • Are you a veteran readathoner with advice for newbies? Nope. I am one of those newbies. But, I am a veteran marathoner and will probably apply that experience to the readathon. The most important thing I learned from marathoning is to pace yourself. You want to leave it all out on the course, but you definitely don't want to run out of steam at mile 15!

No comments: