Saturday, October 18, 2008

Readathon: Hour 4

I completed another 74 pages of Indignation. This brings my total page count to 214 pages.

I must say that this is in some ways harder than I thought, but in others easier. Distractions can be a problem. Phone calls, the dog, my six year old, etc. However, one thing that has, so far, been less of a distraction than I thought it would be is the television. I am an avid soccer fan and usually spend part (my wife might say most) of my weekend watching European soccer. In the run up to the readathon, I noticed that my favorite team, Arsenal, would be playing this morning. This presented a dilemma, and I almost decided not to do the readathon so I could watch the game. However, I have a DVR, so I decided to go ahead and read away the day (and night). I am glad I did. More on the lack of television later, I am sure.

No comments: