Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon :: Hour 3

So for hour three I decided to switch to something a little easier to read. I picked up Sanctuary edited by Robert Lynn Asprin from a book sale at my local library. It is a omnibus of Thieve's World from 1979, Tales from the Vulgar Unicorn from 1980, and Shadows of Sanctuary from 1981. It collects short stories set in the town of Sanctuary, a backwater of the Rankin Empire. There are stories by Philip José Farmer, A. E. van Vogt, C. J. Cherryh, and Vonda McIntrye among others.

I bought the book, a steal at $1, for the nostalgia value. I'm glad I did. The first story, "Sentences of Death," by John Brunner, was very entertaining. I'm looking forward to reading more, although I'm probably going to return to Crime and Punishment for hour four.

No comments: