Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon :: Hours 4 - 6

I spent hours four through six reading Crime and Punishment. I also took a little break to eat lunch and chat with my 12 year old son.

Lisa, of Lisa's World of Books, is hosting the hour six mini challenge. In essence, Lisa asks what are your favorite books of the year so far? I haven't read as many books as I usually do by this time of year. Last year I moved from running marathons to running ultra-marathons. Ultra-marathons require so much more training that it has reduced the amount of time that I read. That being said, I do have two favorites for the year, so far. My favorite fiction novel of the year so far is The Lives of Tao by Wesley Chu, a sci-fi comedy action book, I found it to be a real fun read. My favorite non-fiction book I read this year is Jane McGonigal's Reality Is Broken. It is a fascinating read. I'm only sorry that it took me so long to read it because most of the games she talks about have already vanished from the internet. It is still a good book though.

No comments: