Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon :: Hours 10 - 12

I decided for a little bit of a change of pace and read some of Peter Gay's Modernism: The Lure of Heresy from Baudelaire to Beckett and Beyond before going back to Sanctuary. I didn't quite finish "The Gate of Flying Knives" but will get back to it presently.

I also took a break to have dinner with my family and finish watching the latest episode of Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge. I have to say that my family disagreed with the sending home of Lex. Even though it was her failure to get the movement on the creature right, we felt that she wasn't supported by her partner, Jake. He spent too much time sculpting the creature's head and feet, which was completely unnecessary since the challenge was about movement and not about detail.

Here is my Shelfie:

And my Mid-Event Survey:

What are you reading right now?

I'm mostly switching back and forth between Crime and Punishment and Sanctuary.

How many books have you read so far?

I have read from three books so far, but haven't finished any. I don't anticipate that I will finish any though.

What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I plan on continuing with the books I am reading, but I may have to throw in something a little easier to read as the night wears on.

Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

I didn't have a special arrangement per se, but my family has been very understanding of my laying around the house all day with my nose in a book.

Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Interruptions will happen. I don't have the intention of reading for the entire 24 hours and that makes it easier to take time away from reading to deal with interruptions like ... say ... dinner.

Are you getting tired yet?

I'm am definitely getting tired. I had a wisdom tooth removed earlier this week and the medication I am required to take makes me dizzy. But, I'm just going to keep going the best that I can and hope that I can make it the full 24 hours.

No comments: